Yogi Bear is a Hanna-Barbera show focusing on the adventures of the titular character; Yogi Bear at Jellystone National Park. The show started off as a segment on The Huckleberry Hound Show in 1958 before it became it's own spinoff in 1961. The show became popular and Yogi is now one of the most memorable Hanna-Barbera characters alongside The Flintstones and Scooby-Doo.
Why It Rocks
- A lot of funny moments and humor.
- A wide range of likable characters especially Yogi and Boo Boo.
- A lot of colorful and appealing backgrounds.
- It received it’s own merchandising line, movies, games, and spin-offs.
- Talented voice acting by Daws Butler and Don Messick.
- Appropriate background music.
- A bunch of memorable quotes, especially "Pic-I-Nic Basket!"
- The 1964 film; Hey There, It’s Yogi Bear!, was also good and stayed true to the original source material well enough.
- Snagglepuss and Yakky Doodle cartoons are decent.
- Due to the time is was made, the animation can be very limited.
- A few forgettable plots every now and then.
- The spinoff; TTSW, killed the franchise due to how poorly received it was.
- The movie based on the cartoon wasn't very good.